-La Teca- is reconnoitered with one of the gourmet gastronomic assortides of Barcelona and referenced with an essential visit by famous guides of Barcelona or publications of the prestige of The New York Times or Monocle.
Founded in 1932 to the Agullers nº 9 by grandfathers of owners now, the one that is going to start sent a traditional shop on is in bulk to fruits, oil, sugar and honey and in that it is shipping to restaurants and hotels of the zone wines, spirits, cavas and fruits, today is one of the reference shops high quality gastronomic products. A modern establishment with an impressive selection of chees and hams, preserves and delicatessen products.
They compose an impressive selection of more than 350 artisan formats - among them which highlight the small processors around the world- in stock, that personalize; excepcional hams, and oils and preserves uniques.
It disposes of an area of wine tasting for the exquisite products of the shop pairing with wines and cavas, an old cellar, dated from the 14th century, to a large reduction, on the intimacy of a family din or friends . A team of professionals advises and recommands clients, and continues to look for products that surprise the most demanding palate.
There are also courses in formatting, hams and pairing.
From 8 to 8 years old, each Christmas offers the menu of the stars, a special menu, to go home, elaborated by importants chefs of awarded with a Michelin star.
The catalog of Vila Viniteca is characterized by a careful selection of gourmet products of the highest quality. The work in close collaboration with the different producers and processors helps us to have a wide selection of artisan cheeses and Iberian sausages of exceptional quality; a unique offer of unique preserves; virgin olive oils from the best oil mills; vegetables and fresh fruits, and a careful selection of rice, pasta, biscuits, chocolates, spices ... and complements to enrich the best dishes.
A large exhibition with more than 350 different types of handmade cheese in stock. Most are made with raw milk, from different countries and provenances, at the right point of refinement. The impressive assortment in continuous rotation and with special attention to the best seasonal cheeses, together with the ideal conditions of our two maturing and refined cava, make Vila Viniteca one of the best assorted establishments and cheese specialists in Barcelona. A complete and exclusive selection of cheeses from cow, goat and sheep, from all corners of the world, some of them made by small producers that elaborate very limited units, and that we carefully tune in our chambers of maturation and fine tuning.
A team of professional experts advise our customers, explain the differences between the cheeses for a successful choice, how to marry them and accompany them with other products, and their preservation and presentation.
Vila Viniteca is renowned for providing cheese to some of the most renowned gastronomic restaurants and hotels in Spain, advising them on the elaboration of cheese charts and training their staff to make the most of the cheese.
We make tastings and tastings in our facilities and also for clients, in restaurants, hotels, fairs and events.
HAMS AND SAUSAGES
In Vila Viniteca you will find the best hams and sausages. By piece or cut, we have the best brands representing the different Denominations of Origin: Salamanca, Extremadura, Valley of the Pedroches, Huelva, Seville, .. Special additions of hams Joselito as the Gran Reserva 2005 or Personal Reserve 2002 and editions of Jamones Maldonado. Presa Ibérica, inlays of Llania or Els Casals or the mythical Llonganissa Sendra.
We make tastings and tastings in our facilities.
A wide representation of virgin olive oils of small processors of the highest quality of the best areas of Spain or Italy.
A radical selection of cans with the best vegetables from La Catedral and the best preserved seafood from emblematic companies such as La Compúcia or Paco Lafuente. Some products like clams have a limited reserve of vintages.
Vila Viniteca has a tasting area where you can taste any of the products of the store, in a quiet and relaxed atmosphere, advised by our professionals and sommeliers, able to surprise the most demanding palates with the most suggestive pairings. A good opportunity to taste the products of the store and to be able to acquire them later. The exclusive selection of bread made by neighboring Fleca Vilamala stands out. Exceptional breads of spelled, kamut or rustic.
THE KITCHEN OF THE STARS
Since 2006, every Christmas Vila Viniteca brings together 4 great chefs and friends with Michelin star to create a Christmas menu that our customers can enjoy at home. An entree, cannelloni, a roast chicken and a dessert. In this way, we bring customers the cuisine of the great chefs, who make it in the kitchens of their restaurants and sell them in our store refrigerated or frozen. Full menus or separate dishes can be purchased. A comfortable and delicious way to celebrate the Christmas Holidays, enjoying at home the food of 4 great chefs.
The following chefs have made The Kitchen of the Stars:
- 2015: Jordi Esteve (Nectari - Barcelona), Sergio Humada (Via Veneto - Barcelona), Ramon Freixa (Ramon Freixa - Madrid and Barcelona), Jordi Roca (Rocambolesc - Girona).
- 2014: Víctor Quintillà (Lluerna - Santa Coloma de Gramenet), Oriol Rovira (Els Casals - Sagàs), Fermí Puig (Fermí Puig - Barcelona) and Artur Martínez (Capritx - Terrassa). See menu 2014
- 2013: Jean Louis Neichel (Neichel - Barcelona), Carles Gaig (Gaig - Barcelona), Nandu Jubany (Can Jubany - Calldetenes, Osona) and Marc Gascons (Els Tinars - Llagostera, Girona). See menu 2013.
- 2012: Quim Casellas (Casamar - Llafran, Girona), Fran López (Torreó de l'Indià - Xerta, Tarragona), Jordi Juncà (Ca l'Enric - Vall de Bianya, Girona) and Oriol Ivern (Hisop - Barcelona). See menu 2012.
- 2011: Xavier Franco (Saüc - Barcelona), Jordi Cruz (Àbac - Barcelona / L'Angle - Sant Fruitós de Bages - Barcelona), Diego Campos (Rincón de Diego Campos (Rincón de Diego - Cambrils, Tarragona) and Pere Arpa (Ca l'Arpa - Banyoles, Girona).
- 2010: Paco Pérez (Miramar – Llançà, Girona), Javier and Sergio Torres (Dos Cielos – Barcelona), Àngel Pascual (Lluçanès – Barcelona) and Jordi Artal (5 Sentits – Barcelona).
- 2009: Fina Capdevila (Les Cols – Olot, Girona ), Carles Tejedor (Via Veneto, Barcelona), Joan Bosch (Can Bosch – Cambrils, Tarragona) and Jordi Herrera (Manairó – Barcelona).
- 2008: Carles Abellán (Comerç 24 – Barcelona), Xavier Pellicer (Àbac – Barcelona), Oriol Rovira (Els Casals – Sagàs, Berguedà) and Jordi Vilà (Alquímia – Barcelona).
- 2007: Sergi Arola (Arola – Barcelona), Carles Gaig (Gaig – Barcelona), Nandu Jubany (Can Jubany – Calldetenes, Barcelona) and Mey Hofmann (Hofmann – Barcelona).
- 2006: Romain Fornell (Caelis – Barcelona), Jean Luc Figueras (Jean Luc Figueras – Barcelona), Fermí Puig (Drolma – Barcelona) and Ramon Freixa (El Racó d'en Freixa – Barcelona).