El Hombre Bala 2016

El Hombre Bala 2016

El Hombre Bala 2016 is the latest vintage of Uvas Felices project with Comando G. A coupage of Grenache with a small percentage of Carignan, both from 50 and 90-years-old vines located from Sierra de Gredos. Red fruits and a refreshing touch of rosemary and violets. Seduction in the mouth, without forgetting the freshness, the elegant tannins and a great balance. Long and pleasant, ideal in Burgundy glass.

Availability: Out of stock

Product temporarily out of stock

Enter your email and we will let you know when we're back on stock. Don't miss yours!

By registering, you express your consent for us to notify you of the availability of the product. Your data will not be used for any other purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time and consult our Privacy Policy


El Hombre Bala 2016
is made, mainly, with Grenache from different plots of Cadalso de los Vidrios that are located on the slopes of Peña Cenicientos and Peña Muñana. The base comes from three vineyards: one located 850 metres north facing in the Castaños del Cincho area, another 800 metres south facing located in Peña Muñana and the last one in Viña de los Barrancos on terraces facing east at 800 metres. 98% of the wine is old Grenache with an average age of 60 years and the remaining 2% is completed by a Cariñena with an average age of 40 years. Little interventionist elaboration and fermentations that are carried out with mild and controlled temperatures, using indigenous yeasts and with the contribution of stems. The wine was aged for 14 months in 400 and 700-litre French oak vats and barrels and a further 6 months in the bottle.

TASTING NOTES (Published in El Club February 2020)
El Hombre Bala 2016 has a charming garnet colour, bright and limpid. On the nose it is floral, with hints of violet along with red fruits such as currants, and ripe raspberries that are combined with delicious notes of aromatic herbs such as rosemary and thyme with a final touch of caramel. In the mouth it is fresh and lively, like a juice of red and black fruits with a texture of light and elegant tannins that give it the perfect balance. Long and persistent finish with hints of spices such as cloves and light touches of wood. To be enjoyed from now on and for the next 4 years accompanying stewed red meats, such as veal with mushrooms or a duck breast with sauce, as well as cured sheep and cow cheeses. We recommend decanting 15 minutes before enjoying it or opening it half an hour in advance, and serving it slightly cool, between 14 and 16ºC, in a Pinot Noir glass from the Performance series by Riedel (884/67) or in the Old World Pinot Noir from La Riedel's Veritas series (449/07).

"El Hombre Bala 2016 is a Grenache with delicate intensity, freshness and wrapped in red fruits", they affirm in Comando G.